Buy and Hold strategy  

RSS

Jeremy, CEO/Founder
(@jeremy-horton)
Member Admin
Academy of Technical Analysis: Level 1
February 14, 2019 5:30 pm  

Buy and Hold

This is a painful strategy in the cryptocurrency realm due the high volatility and the fact blockchain is an emerging technology and many projects could easily go to zero.  A strong fundamental analysis will only get you so far as well.  Doing a bottom up fundamental analysis can help an investor pick what seems to be the right project, but its still very much a gamble since most of the projects are still in their infancy.  Personally, I think buying and holding isn't the correct strategy in the current market, and trading will raise the investor's ability to profit.  What do you think?

Respectfully,

Jeremy Horton
CEO
Block Society

Stephen, COO/Director of Analysis
(@stephen-harano)
Registered Investment Advisor Representative Admin
Academy of Technical Analysis: Level 9
February 14, 2019 5:44 pm  

I concur. Anyone who holds in this market is asking to lose money. your best course of action is to get some training and learn to read the charts. they paint a pretty picture once you understand them! 

stephen@blocksociety.net

ReplyQuote
Paul McNeal
(@thecryptocurator)
New Member Moderator
February 17, 2019 7:44 pm  

I've utilized both strategies. I actively traded throughout 2017 - did well. But after the painful tax bill - I am not a HODLer of last resort. Why? because due to the fact that I am constantly distracted with tracking news information, it's best I allow my resources to sit. In addition, based on my own goals and priorities - HODLing works fine for me. I believe the future path of Bitcoin is far higher than where it is now. If we can materialize the six figure numbers of Bitcoin - I will be doing okay. 🙂 So less stress and my focus can remain on keeping others informed and connecting. 🙂 

Paul McNeal

ReplyQuote
Stephen, COO/Director of Analysis
(@stephen-harano)
Registered Investment Advisor Representative Admin
Academy of Technical Analysis: Level 9
February 17, 2019 7:47 pm  

That's great insight, Paul! everyone has their own strategy based on what will work for them. That said, the HODL strategy may not be for everybody. It's best to talk to your financial advisor as to what suits you best. 

stephen@blocksociety.net

ReplyQuote
Share:
Close Menu
Supportscreen tag

Please Login or Register